U.S. DEATH REGIME
- Will West Draw Japan Into Militarization With UK-Italy 6th-Gen Fighter Project?
Japan's 1947 constitution rejects the militarism that led the empire to disaster in the Second World War. But under Western influence, the Tokyo government has sought to relax the prohibition on closer military cooperation with the West.
- US Uses Ukraine to ‘Test Military Solutions’ For Future Use, Expert Says
Washington doesn’t think twice about using Ukraine to learn how various kinds of weapons respond, Dmitry Stefanovich of the Moscow-based Institute of World Economy and International Relations with the Russian Academy of Sciences, told Sputnik.
- Scott Ritter: Ukraine Shows US Military Not Ready for Major War
Sputnik brings you the latest insights from Scott Ritter – former US Marine intel officer and UN weapons inspector – where he explains why the US Army is not ready for the full-scale war against Russia based on the failed Ukrainian counteroffensive attempt.
- Watch Russian Forces Destroy Ukrainian Marine Deployment Point
Russian troops launched a missile strike on Ukrainian positions in the village of Petropavlovka of the Donetsk Peoples' Republic (DPR).
- McCarthy Rejects Zelensky’s Request to Address US Congress
WASHINGTON, September 21 (Sputnik) – US House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has turned down a request from Volodymyr Zelensky to address a joint session of the US Congress, NBC reported on Thursday.
- US Arms Purchases Divides European Powerhouses
The defense ministers of the two European nations have disagreed over defense procurement outside the bloc's arms industry. The French minister advocates for EU industry contracts, while the German emphasizes the need for immediate action and considers non-European options.
- Ex-MEP Calls for France to Cease Arms Supplies to Ukraine in Wake of Polish Decision
''France should follow Poland's example and stop supplying arms to Ukraine, which is not interested in a peaceful solution'', said Florian Filippo, head of the French Patriots party and a former member of the European Parliament.
- Rupert Murdoch to Step Down as Fox, News Corp Chairman in November
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) - Rupert Murdoch will step down as chairman of Fox and News Corp in November, Fox News reported Thursday, citing a letter to colleagues.
- Barents Sea Exercise: Naval Helicopters Hone Fleet Integration Skills
Russian naval helicopter units are conducting drills in the Barents Sea, focusing on search and rescue operations and improving cooperation with the Northern Fleet forces, the Russian Defense Ministry said Thursday.
- Polish Politician Reveals Why Warsaw Changed Its Tune on Ukraine
Having acted as one of Ukraine’s staunchest supporters since the escalation of the conflict last year, Poland has now changed its tone in the dialogue with the Kiev regime over what appears to be a trade dispute.
- Energy Crisis and Mass Strikes Loom Over US Economy Amid Modest Growth - Fed
With senior U.S. officials repeatedly claiming that there are no signs that the national economy is entering a downturn, prices at the pump in America rose to their highest levels of the year.
- Kremlin on Dead Soldiers in Karabakh: Probe is Underway
VELIKY NOVGOROD, Russia (Sputnik) - Moscow has seen reports that there are detainees in Azerbaijan due to the death of Russian peacekeepers, all details are unknown, but an investigation is underway, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Thursday.
- Air Defense Downs All Missiles Launched by Ukraine at Saki Airfield in Crimea
SIMFEROPOL (Sputnik) - Russian air defense systems have shot down all the missiles with which Kiev tried to attack the Saki airfield in Crimea, Oleg Kryuchkov, an adviser to the head of Crimea, stated on Thursday.
- Russian Air Defense Downs 5 Storm Shadow Missiles, 75 Ukrainian Drones in Past Day
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Russian air defense systems have shot down five Storm Shadow cruise missiles and the record 75 Ukrainian drones over the past 24 hours, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Thursday.
- Russian Forces Strike Reconnaissance, Sabotage Preparation Centers in Ukraine
Russian Ministry of Defense issued a fresh report on the progress of special military operation.
- Biden's Meeting with Brazilian Leader Lula da Silva: A Tale of Odd Moments
US President Joe Biden has once again done something out of the ordinary by refusing to shake hands with his Brazilian counterpart, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, during their meeting in New York, according to a video published by British media.
- US-Iran Prisoner Exchange Will Not Change Relations Between Tehran, Washington - Russia
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Moscow believes that the exchange of prisoners between the United States and Iran will not radically change anything in the relations between Tehran and Washington, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov told Sputnik on Thursday.
- First Suspects in Death of Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh Detained - Source
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - First suspects in the death of Russian peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh have been detained, a Russian law enforcement agency source said on Thursday.
- Russia to Allow Trading by Banks, Brokers of Friendly, Neutral States
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Brokers and banks of friendly or neutral nations will be allowed to trade on the Russian currency and derivative markets, the Russian government stated on Thursday.
- Germany Says Not in Favor of Idea to Deprive Russia of Veto Power in UN Security Council
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Germany does not support Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's initiative to deprive Russia of the right of veto in the UN Security Council and is not always in favor of ideas voiced by Kiev, German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock stated.